As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be part of our Clearing & Settlement Product Development Team (in Network Processing) to help design, enhance & build our Edit Package application. You will work with colleagues closely in order to create design documents, code, test, & implement new features, as well as modifications, & corrections to existing software. In this role, you will provide technology leadership in development of Business Enhancement projects by helping to drive project planning, estimation, & technology planning.
- Work with stakeholders (business/product) & the architecture & consulting group to develop & refine technical specifications
- Establish a working relationship with other groups across the organization to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or other issues
- Ability to represent technical & business issues & solutions to multiple levels internally & externally to support strategic organizational plan
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like C++/C# (preferred), GoLang, Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing & high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, & code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage & networking protocols
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law