The Squarespace Finance team is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to partner with our Marketing organization. You will partner with the Director of Marketing Finance to explore a range of business questions, driving company strategy, empowering executive decision-making, & guiding the company towards achieving its goals. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts & real-time analytics to executives & business leaders, & partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic marketing decisions. You will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & present to all levels of the organization.
We expect this Sr. Analyst to be a proactive member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job & grow along with the company. You will dig into challenges - from routine operations, to forecasting & planning - to connect the dots & draw valuable insights for the business. You will also develop strong relationships with the leaders on your partner teams, therefore should have strong communication & presentation skills to translate complex trends into easily digestible discussion points. This is the perfect opportunity to use your critical thinking & analytical abilities to learn the inner workings of a successful organization.
You will report to the Director of Marketing Finance & be based in our New York headquarters. We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
YOU'LL GET TO
- Gather, review, & communicate fact-based insights into variances & trends of key financial & operational metrics for management, external, & board reporting to support organization initiatives
- Manage the financial planning, financial reporting & close process; including variance analysis & key drivers
- Be a thought leader to improve & simplify processes, drive standardization, & build scalable systems to support business growth
- Ability to create & foster strong cross-functional networks
- Partner with the Marketing organization to understand investment posture, Return on Investment, Cost of Acquisition, & expense drivers looking to maximize efficiency/growth wherever possible
- Support the strategic planning process for various planning/forecasting cycles & ad hoc initiatives
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes & develop/implement revised key metrics
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Detail oriented & highly organized self starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture & evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- Able to multitask & meet deadlines with a strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity & an ability to think creatively & critically & thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills & comfort working across the organization
- Experience with P&L components & unit economics specifically related to marketing spend
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.