The Product team at Squarespace is seeking an experienced product leader to lead the development of marketing tools that help our customers find, engage, convert & retain their customers.
You will manage a team of PMs focused on building different aspects of our marketing tools, including Email Campaigns, Analytics, & Distribution tools (SEO, Social, etc), & will work with them to take our marketing suite to a new level. Youll be responsible for product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, & group operations to ensure we build engaged teams that consistently ship great products.
You are deeply data-driven & motivated by business impact. You have experience leading product teams that are focused on driving product adoption & paid user growth. You are highly self-directed, excited by questions that do not have obvious answers, extremely observant, & insightful; you possess a strong product design sense & the motivation to continually iterate to build best-in-class products; & youre deeply focused on interpreting data & maximizing business outcomes.
- Define a medium & long-term product strategy for a marketing suite that drives ARPU expansion & user growth.
- Collaborate with engineering & design to ship new, impactful changes & ensure consistency across the Squarespace platform overall including preparing requirements documents and/or technical specifications, coordinating user research, & tracking progress across multiple workstreams
- Partner with product marketing, customer operations, analytics, & strategy to further understand user needs & synthesize those needs into product strategy & roadmaps
- Communicate & collaborate with stakeholders within the department & cross-functionally throughout the organization, driving alignment on roadmap & strategy as well as managing cross-team dependencies
- Manage, coach, & mentor other product managers & coordinate with other managers to ensure appropriate staffing to achieve your goals
- Help shape processes & standards for product management at Squarespace
- Connect your products to business outcomes
- Build cross-functional relationships & manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- 7+ years of experience in product management, ideally in companies building marketing technology for small businesses, and 3+ years of managing product managers.
- Experience successfully driving user growth & engagement of new product lines & finding product/market fit.
- Keen product intuition & UX design sensibilities, with a deep understanding of & empathy for users
- Strong data & analytical capabilities
- Deep curiosity, creative thinking, & a mindset of experimentation & learning
- Proven ability to lead product managers & cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written & oral
- Technical understanding & proven ability to partner with engineers
- Self-directed & proactive attitude
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.