Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking an Instructor Manager to join our Global Instruction team. This role will be responsible for managing instructional team members not associated with GA campus, specifically instructors engaged in B2B programming. Reporting to the Director - Instruction, this role contributes to & drives the strategic vision of the Global Instructor Manager team.
- Identifying top instructional talent & operating as the hiring manager in their recruitment process to ensure the best practitioners are hired for instructional roles not associated with a GA campus.
- Management of professional behavior, retention & ongoing professional development & growth of Instructors not associated with a GA campus.
- Managing & training remote teams of instructors across multiple time zones.
- Planning & scheduling of instructors for engagements outside of GA campuses. Ensuring that all instructional teams are the right size & mix for the class size & course theyll be teaching.
- Interacting with enterprise clients
- Collaborating with client Engagement Managers across the GA network
- Collaborating with Instructor Managers across the GA network
- Collaborating with the Director of Instruction on the design & delivery of Instructor Quality supports including the recruitment & hiring process, onboarding, training, coaching, & evaluation systems
- Previous experience in successfully managing GA instructors preferred
- Deep understanding of the GA model for Instruction preferred, specifically in Hybrid, Remote and/or Enterprise settings
- Previous experience in successfully managing 1 or more team members. Previous experience with managing remote teams highly desirable
- Previous experience in education or corporate training
- Proficiency in hiring & building teams
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Track record of strong, empathetic leadership
- Familiarity with online learning best practices a strong plus
- Strategic hiring & staffing
- Managing & measuring work
- Problem solving
- Learning on the fly
- Drive for results
- Managing Through Systems
- Developing direct reports
- Process Management
- Action Oriented