At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, youll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, & own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration.
This position will be specifically internally focused -- with strong customer implications -- responsible for the core services & deployment infrastructure on which the Appian platform runs. This position is for you if you have experience with & a passion for the following: data persistence, identity/access management, microservices, containerization, & Kubernetes.
What youll do: Prioritize, define, & ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two weeks sprints).
- Prioritize what we should build & when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision & strategy
- Share ideas & receive feedback on new features through presentations each quarter before a new release
- Define how those features will work & look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, & usability testing
- Manage the release & sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with dev, & review
- Write detailed specification for stakeholders to review & provide feedback on
- Ensure successful build out of features & ensure users to be successful by tracking adoption/usage
- Drive each sprint through development, review, & testing
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs & enhancements, & usage analysis
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes & are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights
- Strategic thinker & problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, & execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Strong communication, negotiation, & collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex & ever-changing environments
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great product features & experiences
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.