THE ROLE: Buyer
Were looking for
The Buyer will be responsible for selection expansion including identifying potential brands & product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, working with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing & promotions, driving sales & margin improvements. The right candidate stays on top of industry & competitive trends & can execute at both a tactical & strategic level to drive selection, sales, & margin growth.
What youll accomplish
- Drive sales, meet goals & deliver margin improvements
- Successful selection in identifying potential brand & product business opportunities.
- Open big to small brands directly, to plan impactful events to grow the business
- Build direct relationships with key suppliers, vetting prospects, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions.
- Consistently manage brand setup & new item setup processes.
- Work with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices & developing marketing promotions.
- Proven analytical thinking around trends, sales, inventory & turn.
- Analyze brand & category data to optimize performance & improve future decision making.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, AP, Programming, Planning & Production teams to ensure products are properly merchandised & all pertinent information is included to maximize sale potential.
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided
- The opportunity to make an enormous impact on company growth as well as gain exposure to top management.
- The chance to bring innovation & extreme knowledge of the industry to concept ideas & bring new brands to the existing business.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- 7 years experience in retail or e-commerce with 2 + years direct buying experience
- Previous category knowledge is a plus
- Ability to manage a highly visible business
- Strong vendor relationships in the market
- Proven experience managing an OTB, & competent in inventory control
- Creative & innovative approach to business
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other