**New York-based Role**
Agoda is one of the worlds largest online hotel & accommodation booking platforms. Founded in 2005, & now a part the Booking Holdings (BKNG) family, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book their holiday accommodation from over 1 million properties in almost every country on earth.
Since its acquisition in 2007, Agoda has been growing at an exceptional rate. Having established itself as the dominant Online Travel Agency in Asia, it continues to grow its presence throughout the rest of the world, including the United States. This particular position will be in important part of our US operations & serve as a key supporting role to our Head of Legal, North America.
In every department, including Legal, Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, & experimentation, & the tools to work faster & smarter than almost anyone in the online travel agency market. Our people are some of the most passionate people in the travel industry, & it is this passion that has allowed us to grow so quickly & create a best in class service for our hotel partners.
About the Role
Agoda seeks a talented & high-motivated transactional lawyer to serve as Commercial Counsel to focus on a variety of corporate aspects of Agodas international business. Much of the work will require close collaboration with our Key Accounts team. This candidate will also be expected to support the Head of Legal, North America, in the day-to-day legal demands of Agodas regional operations. This role will be based in our New York City office.
- Serving as primary point of contact for Agodas Key Accounts team members & their strategically complex partner accounts.
- Contract reviewing, drafting, negotiating & advising responsibilities for a variety of agreements relating to distribution, software services, suppliers/vendors/consultants, & technology/licensing/development.
- Providing strategic business & legal advice to the business in order to develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our external relationships with Key Accounts & other travel-related partners.
- Managing & resolving legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Liaising with & assisting the Head of Legal, North America, the central Agoda Legal team (based in Bangkok, Thailand) & external counsel, as needed.
- Preparing & maintaining template documentation & negotiation guidelines, ensuring consistent contractual positions, & providing training to internal business partners.
- J.D., from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Admission, in good standing, to at least one State Bar (New York preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant transactional experience at a top-tier law firm or the in-house legal department of a global company. Candidates with experience in the travel or hospitality industries & as in-house counsel are preferred.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player with the ability to work effectively, collaboratively & cross-functionally, as well as think creatively & be solution-oriented.
- The ability to navigate deliverables across varying time zones & differing departments within Agoda.
- Detail oriented & very organized.
- Ability to work independently & to prioritize workload.
#seattle #singapore #amsterdam #seoul #taipei #dublin #washingtondc #shanghai #newyorkcity #london #sanfrancisco #munich #chicago #tokyo #boston #hongkong #kualalumpur #brussels #paris #frankfurt #LGL #4 #LI-SE1