Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
About the Role
We're looking for a Training Lead to help us build effective & engaging educational offerings that speed up customer onboarding, increase customer self-sufficiency, & strengthen our presence in the broader database ecosystem.
- Design & develop on-demand & instructor-led curriculum for administrators running CockroachDB & developers building applications against it.
- Deliver engaging in-person & virtual trainings at public & customer locations & manage post-training assessment & activities.
- Build customer & train-the-trainer certification programs.
- Establish course design & delivery best practices & prepare & guide other trainers & curriculum designers.
- Develop technical expertise in CockroachDB & accompanying technologies.
- Collaborate with our Product, Support, & Sales teams to ensure effective curriculum that supports customer needs, & with our Documentation team to ensure an outstanding holistic customer experience across all educational content.
- Define the strategy & timing for scaling & specializing the training function.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & understand the value it brings to our customers; establish internal relationships across Product, Sales, & Support; & begin establishing best practices, assessing training tools, & optimizing our current training curriculum for live delivery.
After 60 days, you will be refining the requirements for customer certification, building out the on-demand & instructor-led curriculum we need for 2019, implementing training tools & best practices, & delivering live customer trainings.
- 7+ years of experience as a technical instructor, curriculum developer, instructional designer, or equivalent technical position.
- Passion for developing & delivering educational experiences that meet the real-world needs of customers, & for building internal & external relationships to get feedback & identify opportunities.
- Firm understanding of infrastructure technology & solutions, especially distributed databases.
- Proficiency with SQL, Linux, & one or more programming languages (Python, Go, Java, etc.).
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major.
- The ability to engage with various audiences & travel 25%-30%.
Reporting to Jesse Seldess - VP of Documentation
The CockroachDB mission is to make data easy. Jesse makes sure we write the docs counterpart to that mission: Make learning CockroachDB easy & intuitive. Previously, he spent four years at AppNexus building & leading a team of writers through a broad range of docs scenarios, from technical integrations to business use. In off hours, hes probably make-believing with his kids, reading literature, or writing his own.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.