About the Role
As a Full-time Contract Senior Merchandiser at Stitch Fix you will be responsible for developing the high level inventory strategy for the European business. You will lead the merchandising team through the successful development, communication & execution of financial & inventory plans that meet or exceed sales, profitability & inventory goals.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Merchandiser who is a self-starting, data driven, analytical problem-solver & leader with the curiosity & ability to adapt to the Stitch Fix business model.
You will report to the Director of Buying & Merchandising & have exposure to the UK General Manager as well as other senior level cross-functional partners. The FTC lasts for 10 months.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Create a collaborative, innovative & results-oriented environment for the Merchandising team
- In partnership with Buying create high level data driven assortment, pricing & inventory strategies, that deliver company objectives & financial priorities through balancing of multiple routes to market & inventory models.
- Develop strategic vision of Route to Market supported by robust analytical data
- Direct monthly reforecast, guiding team on key priorities & challenges & deliver with clarity the topline business summary to management
- In partnership with Buying, develop deliverable contingency plans to enable delivery of inventory strategy
- Partner with Algorithm & Engineering teams to enhance & develop tools & systems that drive future business growth
- Partner with Finance to co-create & iterate on monthly & seasonal financial targets
- Partner with Operations teams to maximize efficiency in our supply chain
- Partner with Styling to deliver the best product for our customers
- Partner with the Director of Buying & Merchandising to iterate on Merchandising structure to deliver mid range company goals
- Be solutions orientated, reprioritize based on evolving business needs & make trade-offs through balancing impact to business, team capacity & the likelihood for positive outcome.
- Innovate with a mindset for continual improvement whilst taking the team on the journey together
- Prioritize & lead development of the merchandising team at all levels. Hold the team accountable for Personal Development plan & help guide team members through matching development focuses to business & project opportunities.
Were excited about you because
- You are interested in a 10-month FTC opportunity
- You are able to work from our London, UK Headquarters 2-3 days per week
- You are an experienced Senior Merchandiser who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- You have demonstrated the ability (5+ years of experience) in leading & developing multiple direct reports
- You have experience in apparel & e-commerce, ideally with experience over multiple European countries.
- You are experienced in multiple inventory models
- You possess analytical & quantitative skills with the ability to solve problems creatively
- You are an effective communicator across all levels of the organization, including management & cross-functional groups
- You are flexible & able to multi-task under pressure amidst shifting priorities
- You work well both independently & as a member of a cross-functional team
- You have strong follow-through skills & acute attention to detail
- You are a champion of ideas & can influence the organization to ensure ideas are executed
- You are passionate about the retail industry & the Stitch Fix business model
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright & kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.