About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
The Rent The Runway Logistics Technology Operations Team assists our partners in our fulfillment center to reduce friction due to operational issues & to keep our operations running smoothly. Team associates are responsible for ensuring that the operations support issues are handled quickly & efficiently. The associate is responsible for reviewing issues from the operations team & determining the best way to solve them. They use our internal tools to troubleshoot & identify problems, route them to the engineering team for further analysis or, where applicable, manually fix them.
The Logistics Technology Operations Specialist will partner with Rent The Runways operations leaders to ensure all issues are clearly documented & routed to the best team to resolve them. This position will be on the front lines for improving the operation.
- Manage & use multiple tools (Excel, 3rd party, & proprietary) to ensure all correctly.
- Handle operations software related tickets & fix all associated issues
- Work with various teams from across the company to solve issues in the logistics operation
- Work with 3rd party vendors on technical issues & projects
- Identify issues with orders or the logistics operation & report all issues to product managers & tech teams
- Build reporting/dashboards to help monitor catalog metrics
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies
- Ability to effectively create, update process documentation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities & follow through on projects to completion
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, & research skills with the ability to take responsibility & ownership
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree required: engineering, computer science, management concentration is a plus
- 1yr+ experience in logistics/engineering or related field is a plus
- The desire to learn & expand mindset
- A driven mindset to solve problems excellent in multitasking & ability to work with an agile team
- Effective communications to help solve technical & data issues
- Basic Excel, SQL
- Splunk, Python, Scripts, JIRA (Ticketing) knowledge is a plus