Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a QA Engineer, you will be part of the Core QA team responsible for designing, creating & executing test plans & test cases for the Debit Processing Services applications. You will be responsible for reviewing requirements, assessing the appropriate course for testing, executing to those plans & ensuring all anomalies & issues are addressed appropriately.
This role involves working closely with Developers, Project Managers, Product Partners & other QA Engineers. You will be executing & analyzing manual tests, existing automated tests & growing & updating the automated test suites as functionality, products & technologies continue to evolve.
- Design, create, execute & report on functional tests against multiple applications
- Create systems & test documentation per organizational standards
- Ensure compliance with audit & security requirements for all testing activities
- Actively seek opportunities to evolve & improve the existing standards & practices to improve efficiency
- Identify & document software/system defects in a clear, timely manner
- Assume responsibility for following up & ensuring identified defects are resolved & validated
- Identify & troubleshoot system, integration or operability issues working with other departments as needed
- Cultivate, support, & promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, & teamwork
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams & vendors to ensure on time, on budget, & quality deliverables
- Coordinate & collaborate with the globally distributed team
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in software test/test engineering
- Manual testing experience required
- General business knowledge of financial systems
- Strong understanding & knowledge of Software Engineering concepts & methodologies
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes & methodologies
- 3+ years of EFT experience
- 3+ years of Tandem/Connex Advantage experience
- Debit processing experience a plus
- Test automation experience a plus
- Experience with test management tools such as Application Lifecycle Management, Quality Center or equivalent
- Experience with a formal defect tracking tool/application
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language including but not limited to Java, C++, C#
- Card Processing background a plus
- Strong written & verbal interpersonal skills with deep understanding of customer relations
- Strong critical thinking & analytical skills
- Strong ability to work independently & self-manage
- Must be able to organize & prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Proven ability to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.