Whats up? Were VaynerMedia! We are a contemporary global creative & media agency with expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Japan & Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Culture is our key & Empathy is how we build it. VaynerMediaAPAC is strong with a world-class combination of diverse backgrounds collaborating to put forward innovative, creative & strategic solutions to the one advantage that stands the test of time --- PEOPLE. Day in & day out, we propel some of the biggest brands in the world to the intersection of attention & culture. In APAC, we are proudly +250, servicing a diverse client all around the region.
We partner with leaders & our people to help them fulfill their potential & realize transformational outcomes for our clients. We share accountability for not only people initiatives, but also the success of the organization we support. Each of us has a broad background in many areas of HR, & we are experts in addressing a wide variety of employee, management, & organizational challenges. But were also fun. We are by turns service with a smile, cat & dog herders, camp counselors, & grand visionaries.
Heres where you come in.
VaynerMedia APAC is looking for a self-starter, a team player, & someone with infectious energy for developing people, relationship building, & cultivating great culture within an ever-growing team. You should be a natural people person, highly organized, detail-oriented, skilled at multitasking & understand the fast-paced nature of a newly established office. You thrive on finding creative solutions & understand that at a growing company, you will wear multiple hats as you tackle the most important needs for the business at any time. You will handle even the most stressful situations with a smile, you understand the nature of the world of human resources, & take the confidentiality & importance of the role with the utmost professionalism.
The Human Resources Generalist is both a strategic & hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support & operational leadership to our APAC team. The role is critical in creating & executing our people initiatives, providing great employee support, driving HR functional excellence & process development & scaling the People & Experience team to the Australia office. We are looking for someone who has vast experience in recruitment, talent acquisition & as an HR generalist, knows both the agency & media landscape of Australia.
The Task at Hand
Be prepared for one of the most meaningful & purposeful career experiences you can have. You will be tasked with delivering core HR services & taking a true partnership approach to your work, consistently bridging department needs with that of the broader APAC office. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues & coach managers on best practices including talent acquisition & retention, professional development, performance management, culture, & career development. In addition, this role is expected to handle tasks that range from high-level strategy to day-to-day administrative & tactical with a roll up your sleeve attitude.
- Relationships: Cultivate & nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, other internal teams (both local & global), & most importantly within HR to become a trusted advisor to our Australia team
- Talent: You know where to look for exceptional talent in the Australian market & how to close them
- Operations: Measure & monitor existing programs & experiences. Partner with the rest of the team in addition to external specialists to execute global strategic initiatives & priorities within the organization. This may include performance management, leadership development & 360 reviews, compensation planning, policy development & compliance, & terminations. You are someone who will roll their sleeves up & dive into the most mundane of tasks!
- Strategy: Partner with leaders, managers & individuals to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Craft & implement strategies to address everything from workforce planning & compensation budgets, to talent management & succession planning, reward & engagement strategies to performance management, & staffing strategies & organizational design. You will be the connector across other functions creating a seamless experience across the employee lifecycle.
- Coach, Inspire, Mediate: Ability to design & implement innovative & engaging programs to drive the evolution of the functions you support. This may include individual coaching for leaders on best practices to improve their people management skills, career & job coaching, & navigating conflict within teams.
- Compliance & Employment Law: You must be knowledgeable & well-equipped with the ins & outs, the dos & donts of employment laws in Asia, & specifically Australia
- Emergency Response: Generally speaking, our role is to be proactive. We strive to anticipate issues before they arise, & to create short & long-term plans for our organization. But stuff happens... We really dont like emergencies, but when they happen you should know how to handle them quickly, discreetly, & with grace. You leverage your deep knowledge of employment law, compliance & best practice to mitigate risks to individual employees & VM.
This is anything but your standard HR role. This role is about human-to-human connection. Youll be the leader & guardian of our most prized assets: people. From recruitment to performance & productivity & culture, a lot of very important things will rest on your shoulders. The ideal candidate will have a meaningful experience in a strategic HR Business Partner role.
Your knowledge & experience are both broad & deep from employment law & best practices to talent management. Exposure to the design of performance management and/or compensation philosophies & approaches is welcomed.
Fine Print: Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyNote, PowerPoint, G Suite etc.) Familiarity with ADP, Greenhouse & other HR reporting tools. Coaching certification & prior experience in professional services or technology/creative environment is a plus.
What leads to success in this role
- Lead heart first, care deeply about both people & outcomes
- Put your relationships at the forefront of everything you do
- Have a strong interest & ability in HR analytics & leveraging data to inform decisions
- No task is too small for you to tackle, & you take a team approach to anything thrown at you
- Genuine belief in bringing your full self to what you do every day, see work as a calling & a passion
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are comfortable facilitating executives, coming to the table with a point of view & simultaneously advocating & advising more junior talent
- Are a creative self-starter who prides themselves on their grit & resourcefulness
- Exercise sound judgment & discretion
- Are a team player with a positive attitude & strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization & multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience & proven accomplishments in a global highly matrixed organization
- Are adept & comfortable managing through frequent change, & are a ninja in your stakeholder management
- Have a desire to take ownership & accountability for work & manage projects through execution
- Strong people manager, adaptive approach to coaching & growing your direct reports, desire to understand their drivers & reward/recognize in line with their motivators
- 100% knowledgeable of Australian Labor Laws
- Familiar with regional HR best practices across Australia
Additional required experience
- Performance Management experience: Manage 360 peer reviews process, employee feedback & work to find solutions with performance issues
- Managing recruitment process including advertising, sourcing, & coordinating/scheduling interview process
- General understanding & experience with compensation, benefits & payroll
- Experience managing onboarding process, departures, terminations & restructuring
Desirable skills & experience
- 5 years of work experience in Recruitment & HR required
- Previous experience in a fast paced, tech start-up (ideally advertising)
- Previous experience with developing employee retention & engagement initiatives, in line with company culture & values
- Previous operational experience working with project management, finance & general back office teams
- Enjoys innovation & change
- Driven to seek novel & agile solutions to challenges
- Knowledge & experience of using (and implementing) HR Software tools
- A flexible & collaborative team member with enormous emotional intelligence
- Approachable with high integrity
- Comfortable with fast paced, start-up culture
- Can hit the ground running
What you should know about VaynerMedia
Think lab & not agency. We get excited about solving business problems, not creating advertising for the sake of making advertising. Our entrepreneurship DNA runs deep. Were willing to break rules, try new things, & test hypotheses if it means better understanding our craft. Its fun!
Our environment (and pace) feels much more like a start-up than most agencies you might be used to. Hopefully that, & the opportunity to collaborate with the talented & enthusiastic crew, work with big brands excites you, as it does us. We cant wait to meet you.