At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Marketplace Integrity (MI) team is responsible for ensuring that TpT is trusted by educators as a safe & secure place to share & discover high quality, educator-created resources. We do this by setting & enforcing clear & fair policies that protect our users & protect the rights of content creators.
As Director of Marketplace Integrity you will lead the MI function, primarily focused on its work enforcing TpT policies related to intellectual property & inappropriate content & you will report into TpTs Chief Legal Officer.
You will manage & represent the company internally & externally on high-profile sensitive matters with significant brand impact. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of content moderation to provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team on highly complex matters with significant financial impact on business activities & operations. You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to establish strategic plans & objectives & will be accountable for outcomes, including to reduce the amount of inappropriate content & infringing content on TpT. A passion for learning, exceptional work ethic, & team-oriented mentality is essential for this high impact role.
- Provide operational guidance for the Marketplace Integrity Team, including its work enforcing our Intellectual Property, Inappropriate Content, Fraud & other policies.
- Develop team OKRs & manage respective KPIs & SLAs.
- Forecast capacity required to meet MIs SLAs & support the teams project-based initiatives.
- Track & monitor performance of team members; provide team & individual guidance & support as needed.
- Develop, grow, & maintain a scaled, stable MI organization.
- Create an organization structure that trains & empowers future team leaders (succession planning), including managing & defining career pathing;
- Hire, train, & develop team members;
- Create training processes & artifacts to onboard new team members;
- Responsible for engagement, results & retention of MI team.
- Strategize & support enforcement of MIs policies beyond the TpT marketplace including e.g., videos, community forums, digital tools, etc.
- Establish standard processes for MI.
- Create processes & guidelines to ensure consistent, & trackable enforcement of MIs policies.
- Align processes with broader organization needs.
- Lead assessment, selection & implementation of key tools & systems.
- Oversee the management of tools such as Zendesk, admin panel, & site FAQs.
- Coordinate with technical teams to maintain & iterate on foundational systems.
- Represent MI with key external stakeholders including e.g., the press, our Content Moderation Advisory Board, school administrators & TpT sellers.
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Finance, ECI, Seller Team, Marketing & Communications & Product) for enabling company initiatives.
- Coordinate to ensure planned launches (product, marketing, or other) have appropriate MI support.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- You're productive & efficient, able to juggle multiple stakeholders & projects at one time, & get it all done in a fast-paced, growing company
- You are an energetic ideas person, constantly generating
- You have excellent strategic thinking & creative problem solving skills
- You have a collaborative work style, high tolerance for ambiguity & change, & are able to incorporate feedback & manage to deadlines
- You present recommendations & decisions in a clear & articulate manner, both in writing & in person, & are adept at communicating concisely with executive teams
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of people manager experience
- 5+ years of Trust + Safety experience, with a background in content moderation
- Strong operational experience
- Experience enforcing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act & engaging with Intellectual Property Rightsholders
- Strong understanding of the education industry & teachers
- Passion for our mission
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new mothers & fathers) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for birth mothers
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.