BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on the Cocoa Butter team. Were looking for someone who has the ability to cut both comedic & documentary tones that resonate with BIPOC millennials.
Cocoa Butter is a Black culture & entertainment space created to provide a safe space for people on the internet to consume humorous, informative & uplifting content. Were bold, funny & not afraid to take risks. We elevate the culture & amplify the voices of everyday people.
- Partner with Creative Producers & Post-Production team editing Cocoa Butter video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos & formats both unscripted & scripted
- Quickly assemble edits & implement notes from creatives & clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay super organized in & follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects & 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines & deliverables
- Passion & knowledge for editing theory
- Experience with designing & laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance & grade color, & mix & level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production & Production process & equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media & digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization & attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Bachelors degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
Send us your Reel!
- Share 3-5 samples of work youve edited or current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.