Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & trans0parent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
We are looking for a Marketing Operations Senior Associate to build email templates using HTML & CSS & support marketing campaign execution & testing.This position will report directly to the Director of Consumer Retention in CarGurus consumer marketing team & will have significant cross-functional interaction with creative (copywriting & design), analytics, & external email vendors.
What Youll Do:
- Code, assemble, & QA email templates in our Email Service Provider (ESP) platform (Iterable) to ensure technical perfection of every email sent
- Create new email templates as needed & update existing email creatives
- Setup, test, & launch email campaigns
- Create filters in Iterable for segmentation using customer profile attributes & other variables or work with analyst on custom list pull
- Slice & convert PhotoShop Document (PSD) files
- Use rendering tools (Litmus, Email on Acid) to preview & test designs among devices, browsers & mail clients; fix issues as they arise
- Ensure utilization of deliverability best practices & compliance of content with brand standards, privacy, spam regulation (CAN-SPAM), web accessibility/ADA, etc.
- Report on campaigns post-launch
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience developing & coding emails & templates
- Technical skills:
- HTML, CSS, Photoshop (Dreamweaver a plus)
- Experience with Responsys, SFMC, IBM, Epsilon, Adobe, or other first-tier enterprise ESP
- Knowledge of major ISPs, rendering tools, & email best practices
- Strong understanding of responsive templates & usability principles
- Extra points for: Experience with Iterable, SQL skills, knowledge of Google AMP requirements, understanding of interactive email
- Exceptionally high attention to detail, maintaining design integrity during the build process
- Ability to report out clearly & succinctly on results of an email send/email test
- Collaborative: Ability to work independently & in a cross-functional setting
- Ability to handle competing priorities with tight deadlines & work with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visitour careers page.