KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technologyevery process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Quality Inspector - Factory
The Quality Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all manufactured products are within the required specifications. Swing shift 4:30pm PST - 1am PST.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, & dimensions.
- Measures dimensions, such as length, height, & distance, between reference points, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gauge, measuring tape, moisture meter to ensure product meets specifications.
- Performs in-process & final inspections.
- Ensures that only acceptable product moves to the next operation and\or shipped.
- Ensures that all products have passed all inspection, & that all appropriate quality records are maintained.
- Ensure that any product that fails any portion of the detailed inspection plan are communicated, tagged, & appropriate records are maintained.
- Reports findings to Quality Supervisor & works with appropriate functional areas to resolve discrepancies.
- Participates in capability studies, measurement system analysis & gage calibration.
Required Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years or more of experience as a Quality Inspector in a manufacturing environment.
- Construction industry experience.
- Must be able to work independently, self-motivated & self-directed.
- Must Have excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Must be able to multi task & work well with others.
- Possess strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead & create new ideas
- Desired: Excel skills, including pivot tables & formulas
- This position requires frequently standing on a hard-concrete floor
- Factory environment may include: exposure to extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; & outside weather conditions
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.