Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As a science & data driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for data specialists to join our growing Data Integration team. The specialist will be an active individual contributor in data projects & will engage with & support activities both internally & with partner organizations involving review of data sources, connection of data to the Aetion platform, improvement of data-related processes, & contribution of expertise around data & specific research databases. The ideal candidate will work individually & as part of cross-functional teams in a stimulating environment founded & led by scientific & industry leaders that provides many opportunities for professional development & growth. More experienced individuals may have additional responsibilities in leadership, process development, & mentoring.
The following duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion Evidence Platform, Aetions measurement system & approach to modeling research data, & the process of connecting data to the platform.
- Develop & provide healthcare data expertise to both internal & external Aetion platform users. Develop data specification documentation for various health care databases.
- Explore & transform data to create appropriate data models for platform integration. Validate & document database connections to the Aetion Evidence Platform.
- Transfer knowledge & understanding of data & the platform to customers & teammates through 1:1 discussions, documentation development & written communications, & delivery of training sessions & presentations.
- Develop data algorithms & data best practices.
- Develop innovative solutions & approaches & apply them in specification documents & code.
- Develop & maintain scientific assets such as support site content, platform libraries, material on data sources, & training curriculum.
- Masters degree or equivalent in epidemiology, biostatistics, health informatics, health services research, or a related quantitative science field with healthcare experience.
- A minimum of one year experience using SQL programming for manipulation & processing of relational databases.
- Strong understanding of relational data, data aggregation methods, & use of healthcare data for medical research; ability to communicate & document related logic in various forms, including visualization, user guides, data dictionaries, & training material.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical thinking, process management, & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new analytical & software tools, & computing environments.
- Ability to self-motivate & manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with using health insurance claims/EMR-based databases, disease registries, or other real-world data in health care research to generate evidence and/or drive business insights.
- Experience with R, Python and/or other statistical software & programming languages.
- Experience in extracting large sets of data & design of ETL flows.
- Ability to travel to customer sites or other Aetion facilities.
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meet-ups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.