Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Lead Security Engineer for Identity Management to join our Security team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
Taking care of our members includes securing their data. The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, & make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
About the Role
- You will fill a critical & impactful role, supporting Engineering to rationalize, federate, & extend systems that manage identity & access for Oscar employees, business partners, & Members.Effective identity management underpins an effective security program, as well as being an important component of Oscars future technology plans.
- Contribute to Compliance initiatives aimed at evolving tooling & process related to company wide access review & ongoing hygiene
- Partner closely with other Security team members, as well as those in the companys Engineering, Product, & People teams to drive IAM maturity
- Have familiarity with & be able to assess commercial products & open source tools; as well as partner with others to develop inhouse software that supports IAM objectives.
- Identify & integrate access management tools to facilitate access reviews & group management.
- Be able to design a build an IAM ecosystem that brings together organically grown pieces of infrastructure & rationalizes identities & access across all of them.
- Build out IAM frameworks & architecture that will allow the business to grow & scale while ensuring out identities are secure & managed.
- Are familiar with government & regulatory agencies that oversee the healthcare industry.
- Are an expert in Cloud security practices & solutions for major CSPs.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership.
- Build risk assessment frameworks
- Write policies
Important Character Traits
- Work swiftly & calmly under pressure. You can steadily navigate high street situations.
- Strategic thinking. You can come up with big, long term ideas to support the business.
- Process & Result Oriented. You can turn ideas into detailed, actionable processes.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.