VICE was launched in 1994 as a 'punk zine' & has since expanded into a leading global youth media company with bureaus in over 30 countries. VICE operates the worlds premier original online video destination, VICE.COM, an international network of digital channels, a television production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency & a book-publishing division. VICEs digital channels include Creators, dedicated to the arts & creativity, Motherboard, covering cultural happenings in technology, & Noisey, a music discovery channel. To date, VICE boasts over 60 established shows that cover everything from current events to sex to investigative reporting to music to kittens.
Viceland, a line of business under Vice Media, seeks a motivated, & experienced Accounting Manager who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our team. The ideal candidate will report directly to the US Controller & support the Viceland CFO. The job duties involve a mix of month-end close functions, financial reporting, technical analysis, & business support. This position offers tremendous growth opportunity for the right candidate.
- Managing accounting & general ledger activities for Vicelands US TV Programming & Operations verticals, including reviewing ledgers for accuracy & preparing reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries, focusing mainly on expense accruals, re-classes, indirect overhead allocations, & intercompany transactions
- Prepare & review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assisting in preparing monthly internal reporting & analysis for the senior management team
- Reviewing monthly results & performing P&L fluctuation analysis
- Performing ad-hoc analysis including support for evaluation of deals
- Assisting the Controller with managing year-end audit requests
- Implementing processes & timelines to ensure deadlines are met for Vices corporate close schedule
- Assisting with budgeting & forecasts
- Oversight of 1 team member
- Other duties as needed
Successful candidates will have:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Public & private accounting experience, & CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP particularly relating to revenue recognition & multiple element arrangements, & an understanding of intercompany transactions & processes
- Excellent communication skills, & an ability to work well with people across multiple business functions outside of accounting & finance
- Strong excel skills, including pivot tables & VLOOKUPs, Netsuite a plus
- An ability to learn quickly & thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A good balance of being detail-oriented & understanding the bigger picture
- A desire to work on different facets of the finance & accounting operations of the company - this is not a role that will just focus on one area
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know.We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity.At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture.We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S.Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation.The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job.VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies:Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.