At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts engineering team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for engineering managers to help us scale. Our engineering managers & engineers are smart, flexible, & love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. They move fast & ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes lean.
Our engineering managers are people with varying technical backgrounds & interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team & others provide general technical direction & oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient & executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, & have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Insurance Marketplace is a Lyft managed marketplace where users can purchase products from carriers. We will provide peace of mind & financial protection to all Lyft users by being the most trusted insurance advisor, & by offering relevant & compelling products, with a great shopping experience. This is a great opportunity to build a brand new product for millions of users on Lyft platform & help Lyft reshape the risk model.
- Lead a team of talented managers & engineers who like to ship code & tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your managers, engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog & create short term & long term goals
- Own your teams deliverables & ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers & drivers
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing, Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Lyfts continuing success
- As the engineering lead for a platform team, work closely with the various partner teams to understand & align with their roadmaps & goals to maximize your teams impact
- You have a technical background & are able to contribute to planning & design discussions
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lyft employees
- You have experience leading a team of engineering managers & engineers & guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams & products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, & youre committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, & execution of work
- You think ahead & build for the future
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.