Director of IT Security
Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data & FinTech & we are looking for a Director of IT Security to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, & do their best work. Our commitment to diversity & inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, & our customers. We are fully focused on equality & believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin & all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Provide strategic security architecture leadership & tactical knowledge for Kabbage. Create, implement, & manage broad security programs & play an operational support & integration role. Work closely with the development & systems engineering teams to define & ensure ongoing adherence to security policies & standards.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead & support the Kabbage security program. Implement processes, controls & solutions to meet regulatory security policies, & best practices, while supporting a rapidly expanding product roadmap.
- Lead your team to be a high producing & security focused team by facilitating a smooth agile software development lifecycle. Actively coach & mentor your team members in their careers.
- Provide technical input & oversight of a large-scale & high-performance application through high level estimations, architecture designs, & adhering to best practices.
- Be seen as a leader & subject matter expert at Kabbage in terms of our security program, our process, & the Kabbage business.
- Develop IT security risk metrics wherever possible & identify issues that put the organization or its partners at risk as well as other stakeholders. Develop program business cases that highlight security risks not addressed, possible mitigation options, resources required, timing & action, & measurements.
- Ensure information security risk controls are implemented & appropriately monitored throughout systems lifecycle.
What we're looking for in you:
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see & communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities & threats through comprehensive analysis of current & future trends.
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, & a positive can do attitude; acts without being told what to do.
- Follow-through: Follows-through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate & lead the team through high-priority last minute requests & other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Intelligence: Likes learning & learns quickly.
- Team Builder: Bringing people together to work effectively.
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly & with intent to technical & non-technical audiences.
- Pace: Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving: Strong, proven problem-solving skills, & ability to drive solutions through to completion.
- Ability to develop people: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, & prepares them for future roles.
What you should have:
- Current information security experience with a thorough technical understanding of various security technologies used in the industry.
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical & non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
- Well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, & secured networks as well as a working knowledge of IT security frameworks, industry regulations & standards, ISO, NIST, HITRUST, & their associated security controls.
- Advanced security skills across all areas: Firewalls, endpoint protection, IPS, IDS, Application Security, VPN, Container Security, email security, data loss prevention, AWS, PKI infrastructure, encryption.
- Working knowledge of Infosec frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, & NIST.
- Experience in architectural patterns of a large high-scale web applications with scalability, resiliency, & security in the forefront.
- Software development background
- Financial industry security designations
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantageour way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, & exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, & onsite fitness classes.
While our perks & benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, & resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, & problem solvers. And we dont do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively & work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating & separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.