WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
BARK is a fast-growing business that serves people who absolutely love dogs & want to make dogs happy. We currently have offices in New York City & Columbus, Ohio & believe people are our strongest asset. We are sniffing for a Senior Accountant to be located in New York who will help us keep up with our expansion & provide the best service possible to the team.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join the team in our New York City headquarters. To be successful in this position you will be a strategic individual with managerial accounting, operations & financial management experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Specific responsibilities will include the following:
- Create supporting documentation, schedules, & reconciliations for all major functional accounting areas, including cash, A/R, A/P, Payroll, Inventory, COGS, deferred revenue, & others
- Improve departmental processes & procedures to expedite the close process while ensuring accuracy of financial information
- Own the payroll process, while creating & reviewing agreements for consultants
- Be point person for the company for an annual audit & work in collaboration with tax partners to file returns & required sales tax filings
- Work cross functionally, to support our growth by accounting procedures, including following U.S. GAAP & developing required reporting functions
- Support various ad hoc projects & analysis for management, including forecasts, budgets, & account analysis
- Investigate discrepancies & provide variance explanations through analysis of performance drivers
- Assist with implementation of Netsuite as financial reporting system
- Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration Major
- CPA License
- Proficiency in Excel, Quickbooks & Netsuite
- Experience working in an inventory based CPG company
- Highly organized & detail-oriented team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects & responsibilities simultaneously
- 3-5+ Years of Experience
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.