At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking to hire a highly motivated Accountant to join the Payroll Accounting team. The person in this role will provide accounting support to this function, as well as work closely with Finance & other Lyft teams throughout the organization.
An ideal candidate in this role will be someone who is a quick learner, thrives in a fast-past environment & is highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects.
- Prepare & book payroll related journal entries for US (HQ) & North American International subsidiaries.
- Prepare various payroll related accruals (monthly payroll accrual, bonus, workers compensation, PTO, commissions, etc.)
- Perform month-end, quarter-end & year end close in accordance with close schedule.
- Reconcile & analyze general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP & corporate accounting policies.
- Maintain monthly cash clearing <> GL reconciliations.
- Partner with FP&A and/or payroll team to resolve non-reconciling items & other analysis of monthly activity.
- Work closely with the payroll processing team to understand pay classes, pay codes, & payroll processing activities.
- Maintain completeness & accuracy of the general ledger for all payroll related accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis via account reconciliation & flux analysis.
- Support SOX compliance-related projects
- Assist in preparation of reports for various audits
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 1+ years of payroll accounting
- 3+ years of General Ledger accounting experience
- Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful & independent in solving problems.
- High level of dedication to adhering to deadlines & attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- High regard for confidentiality & 100% data integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity working with Finance systems; Workday, Oracle, ADP Globalview, etc.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.