Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread has enormous & engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, & approve & price credit while providing a beautiful & frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our Engineering team plays a critical role in allowing us to grow our business & the success of our brand partners.
We are looking to hire an Engineering Manager for our DevOps team. This person will join the current Infrastructure team as we continue to build out our core infrastructure & platform to enable product engineering initiatives.
Your Role at Bread:
- Responsible for leading design & implementation of new features & iterations of our infrastructure
- Build & manage the team of talented devops engineers alongside our existing infrastructure teams.
- Work with all areas of the business to understand problems & deliver solutions to accomplish company goals
- Enable Breads technology to scale to billions of dollars of volume
- Write tools & introduce approaches that we didn't know we needed but that after a month we won't know how we lived without them
- Partner with the engineering teams to implement new technologies & processes.
- Help other engineers improve their efficiency by identifying manual process in their workflow & offering them innovative solutions
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing infrastructure & devops teams
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems at a Senior level
- Knowledge of server-side languages & data stores
- Expertise with AWS or GCP
- A passion for engineering & technology
- Experience with automation tools (Terraform, Spacelift, Codefresh, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of network, application, & infrastructure security
Nice to Have:
- Experience with message-based, loosely coupled architectures (we use RabbitMQ & Redis)
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Knowledge of financial products
- Experience creating secure infrastructures
- Knowledge of service meshing (Istio)