At Tanium, we care deeply about ensuring we support our customers business objectives for many years, & that we continue to offer them value so that they continue to do business with us. The Customer Engagement organization is comprised of two smaller teams: 1) the Customer Experience team that works cross functionally to improve the customer lifecycle, gather customer feedback at scale, & better design the customer experience to reduce sources of friction & potential churn & 2) the Customer Engagement team, comprised of proactive, relationship-oriented individuals who work directly with customers to ensure their business outcomes are successful & that they continue to renew with Tanium. The primary goal of the Customer Engagement team is to ensure our customers are deriving maximum value & utilisation from our technology. Done properly, this will drive successful outcomes for Tanium such as renewal, expansion, & customer advocacy.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new, diverse, & highly skilled team in driving successful outcomes. The Customer Engagement team complements the existing account teams by providing proactive & programmatic support during the customers journey with consumption, value, & retention at the core of that journey. This role -- the Customer Engagement Manager -- is a net-new addition to the team, & you have the opportunity to join at the forefront & shape the future of this team & how we advance the business. CEMs will advance Taniums segmentation strategy, beef up our data orchestration, & create greater consistency in the customer experience.
What youll do:
- Ensure successful business outcomes for customers that lead to world-class retention & expansion results for Tanium
- Collaborate very closely with an account team of Sales, TAMs, Pre-sales, Customer Engagement, & more. We win as a team
- Contribute to strategic customer plans for the months & years ahead, while executing your assigned strategies & tactics in coordination with other members of the account team
- Develop & maintain relationships with customers to ensure alignment to business needs
- Identify where Tanium can be further integrated into customer business processes & controls to increase ROI & efficiency objectives
- Perform activities & data management that help to drive adoption & value against an agreed-upon plan with the customer. This may include artifact creation (including Value Plans for customers), action & risk tracking, & updating internal data systems for analysis & pattern matching
- Contribute to strategically-focused Executive Business Reviews, alongside the TAM, Sales, & wider account team members
- Contribute proactively to internal practice development efforts to continually drive maturity & improvement of our Customer Engagement function
- Maintain a strong understanding of all aspects of the Tanium solutions & their value to customers
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Significant experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Sales, Renewals, or Service Management / Professional Services, preferably in a SaaS business model
- Strong consulting & project management skills; building strategic relationships that drive business value for customers
- Travel ranging from 15 - 30% within regional territory (according to state/local & Tanium Covid-19 travel guidelines)
- Onsite / customer-located work as deemed necessary by the customer and/or account team
- You are:
- A highly organized self starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment & is comfortable working in ambiguity
- Interested in learning from more senior CE leaders in the team
- Willing to contribute suggestions & ideas to further customer & Tanium goals
- Eager to become an expert in demonstrating value & return on investment to our customers
- A strong communicator & intuitive listener
- Professional, insightful, & values-driven
- Motivated to help to solve the toughest IT problems faced by organizations today
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of Customer Engagement leaders serving the worlds largest & most sophisticated customers.
Tanium offers an endpoint management & security platform built for the worlds most demanding IT environments. Many of the worlds largest & most sophisticated organizations including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, & remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for five consecutive years & ranks 4th on FORTUNEs list of the Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in & give back to the causes they care about most.