We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm & marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us & build the nation's largest & most trusted platform for selling real estate!
What You'll Do Here:
- Lead our Back-end Product Engineering team in the San Francisco office!
- Build back-end, data-centric features for our B2C product, home-selling suite.
- Execute on requests to pull, analyze, interpret & visualize data.
- Build, manage, & optimize our data architecture & infrastructure.
- Manage our entire data system: roughly 50M transactions from 2M agents.
- Partner with cross-functional, team leads to build out & iterate on team, & individual performance metrics.
- Lead our data release process, & partner with team leads to iterate on & improve existing data pipelines.
- Design & develop systems that ingest & transform our data streams using the latest tools.
- Setup & integrate new cutting edge databases & data warehouses, develop new data schemas & figure out new innovative ways of storing & representing our data.
- 7+ years of fullstack engineering experience with emphasis on backend development.
- Experience with Python, RoR is a plus.
- Experience writing & executing complex SQL queries
- Experience building data pipelines & ETL design (implementation & maintenance)
- Experience with AWS or other IAAS or PAAS provider
- Experience with data processing frameworks & data warehouses such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift
- Ability to produce high-quality software through unit & functional testing..
Bonus points for:
- Real estate experience
- Experience with Periscope, Looker, Tableau & other BI tools
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience with machine learning
- Medical, vision, dental, & paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches & snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which includes two phone interviews, a pre-onsite exercise, an onsite interview, & a reference check. Were excited to get to know you & hope youre ready to give this opportunity everything youve got!