Are you the first person people call when their computer breaks? Do you find zen-like tranquility in assembling your own high-performance PC rigs? Can you calm a frantic user who just deleted her entire inbox & help her get her life back on the rails? If youre one of those rare IT pros who possesses sharp desktop/server skills AND a knack for making users actually happy they called the helpdesk, weve got a job for you!
We are seeking an A-player to join our growing team & be a part of our thriving culture. This is an entry-level position, but its not just another grind-it-out IT job--this is a career in a cool industry that will get you trained & hands-on with cutting edge tech that you simply wont touch anywhere else.The position is for a Service Desk Engineer as front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, & extremely quick thinking to be successful; a fulfilling career with a great team & upward mobility is the reward.
- Provide front-line phone support to clients via remote assistance and, when required, go on-site to resolve issues.
- Triage client issues & rapidly resolve or escalate to tier 2 engineers.
- Perform day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, & capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system.
- Work with senior engineering staff to ensure client environments are healthy & SLA goals are met.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Participate in on-call rotation & respond to emergency calls as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor certifications & engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media/ post production information technology. Our team consists of client focused account managers, certified & trained IT specialists, vendor partners, & a stimulating culture that isnt present in most IT companies.
To match the consistent growth of GPL Technologies, we are looking to add value to our team. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, & a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients. Professionals within GPL are given tools to work with & the necessary training to use them. We invest in our employees to ensure that we offer superior service to clients, may it be vendor training or hardware/software certification, we invite you to be part of that growth.