Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate Director, Clinical Strategy & Optimization to join our Concierge Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As the Associate Director, Clinical Strategy & Optimization you will help set & manage the overarching strategy of Oscar's Operations optimization teams. This includes setting, owning & implementing strategic initiatives & leading our vitals, metrics, +Oscar engagements, & collaborations across the company.
You will report to the Director, Clinical Strategy & Optimization. This is a hybrid role, & you will work part of the time in the New York office & part of the time working remotely.
- Develop an understanding of our partners & the markets they operate in & become the go-to-individual at the company for strategic initiatives & programs related to Strategy & Optimization
- Set, drive & deliver program strategy including determining & uncovering new opportunities across our team
- Manage the vitals planning process for our team including reporting on progress, ensuring collaboration & identifying & mitigating areas of risk
- Lead by guiding decisions & implementation on an ongoing basis
- Resource +Oscar engagements with Expert support & decision making authority for our decisions
- Collaborate with Oscar business leads & external partners to guide discussions & ensure deliverables are completed on time & remove roadblocks
- Build & maintain a monitoring program of team performance metrics including regulatory/compliance reporting
- Development & growth of direct reports, ensuring that colleagues are supported in professional development
- A bachelor's degree or commensurate 4 years of experience
- 7+ years of work experience in health insurance, consulting, healthcare or operations
- 4+ years of experience leading & developing a team
- Experience in program management or design or implementation
- Experience improving processes & workflows including workflow design & working with product/engineering teams to design tooling
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
- Consulting or similar experience
- Experience in a client-facing/vendor management role
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.