The VP of Engineering, E-commerce & OneWellness, will be responsible for leading the software development team to scale Peloton's $1+ billion E-commerce channel. The VP will serve as a transformational technical & people leader providing insights to the leadership team on scale, quality, & automation, & building & leading a world class technical team.
As we continue to grow towards our goal of 100 million members, we are increasing the reach of our brand & improving access to the product by launching a platform to support high growth opportunities. In this role, you'll drive innovation with a members-first approach by increasing reach to prospective members & expanding access to Pelotons premium product line while delivering a best-in class member experience.
- Hire & develop the best: The role will manage & grow the tech team across the shopping, checkout, & order scheduling/delivery experience. You will build out the team, develop leaders & coach software development lifecycle best practices. Youll need to excel at hiring & developing your technical talent. You will be both a technical leader & people manager.
- Set a vision: you will build a vision for the Peloton E-commerce & Onewellness platform & products, including architecture & system design. You will set a roadmap & deliver short term & long term wins that support Pelotons position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: you will lead the software engineering teams managing, building & scaling the ecom platform & will focus on driving scalability, stability, & reliability. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves & their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering & operational excellence, & establish metrics & processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing & developing the next generation of leadership, & overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team & partner teams, establish goals, & focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Peloton Engineering team to produce & support tech solutions for a variety of Pelotons business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the VP of Product to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently & innovate. You will provide thought leadership & collaborate with colleagues to grow Pelotons E-commerce & Onewellness products as best in class.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- You have led a tech team for an E-commerce business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to build & operate software systems at scale.
- 10+ years of experience managing tech teams with 5+ years of managing multiple managers/teams.
- Deliver Results: You must have a strong track-record of delivering products.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups & executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team & stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, & you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire & develop the best: you value coaching your team & developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent & moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive & able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions & when you dont have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.