JW Player is looking for an experienced Global Payroll & Benefits Manager to oversee & manage payroll & benefits for our rapidly growing team of over 200 domestic & international employees. Sitting at the intersection of Finance & HR, this role will own the day to day payroll & benefits administration & processing to ensure accuracy, clarity, competitiveness. This role will leverageexceptional customer service skills to ensure peace of mind for our employees so they can focus on doing their best work.
In this role, you will:
- Be the primary owner & administrator of all things related to payroll & benefits, including best practices, analysis, reconciliation, & diligent record keeping.
- Own & execute all matters related to payroll administration & reconciliation, including but not limited to payroll processing & payroll taxes, in partnership with our payroll vendor, reporting on a biweekly, quarterly, & YE basis
- Own & continually improve all HR operations activities related to payroll & benefits, HR vendor relationship management, employment law compliance, ACA reporting, I-9 completion & filing, employee record management, & employee leave request administration.
- Oversee employee benefits plan administration, renewals & assist ensuring our benefits are competitive & easy to use
- Provide employee benefit support & manage benefit related initiatives like the open enrollment processes/ interface with brokers, carriers, employees, & own reporting related to the programs, etc.
- Build & maintain a good working knowledge of benefits legislation, industry standards, & best practices, incorporating standards into processes & procedures
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to resolve payroll & benefits issues
- Build & maintain employee confidence & trust by promptly responding to their requests & protecting the confidentiality of payroll operations
- Be the main contact for employees on all Perks programs & Employee offerings such as Employee Professional Development Reimbursement, Expense reimbursements, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a payroll & benefits specialist or manager at a company of 150-250+ employees
- Experience with Payroll, Benefits, & HRIS, preferably ADP Workforce Now & International payroll vendor management
- Knowledge & experience with US & European labor law, tax & compliance as well as all federal & state regulations, filing & compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, & DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Interested & informed on emerging technologies & are always looking for improvement, automation, & efficiency in processes
- Able to thrive in a customer service role
- Detail oriented, deadline driven & work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to communicate clearly & concisely in oral & written form across teams
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience & seniority, across the organization & uses diplomacy & discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll & benefit matters
- Thrives in a startup environment where you are given freedom to take ownership, & you adjust quickly to changing priorities & conditions
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visithttp://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.