Index Exchange is looking to expand our Documentation team by adding a Senior Technical Writer. Awesome products deserve awesome documentation; like our products & solutions, our documentation is expertly crafted to meet customer needs & help them solve problems.
In this role, youll own the technical product documentation for one of our products or core systems. Youll work closely with colleagues in Product & Engineering as you research, plan, write, & review documentation for our external knowledge base, including articles, release notes, & API docs. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your passion for tech with your stellar writing skills to produce high-quality, highly technical documentation.
What youll be doing:
- Authoring the external-facing technical product documentation for a product or core system, including Knowledge Base articles, Release Notes, & API docs.
- Setting the vision for the architecture, structure, & content of your documentation, always keeping customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Assessing existing documentation to proactively identify & address gaps.
- Editing internal & external technical documentation, including peer reviewing other writers work.
- Providing input & edits for UI copy.
- Contributing to team projects, such as updating our documentation standards & best practices.
We want someone who is:
- Curious: Youre not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context & technical concepts behind what youre working on.
- Technical: You love technology & have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and arent intimidated by) complex systems.
- Proactive: You take ownership of your assigned product area. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what were building & follow up when necessary to unblock yourself & move work forward.
- Passionate: Youre fully engaged with your assigned product area. You take a lot of pride in your work & strive for continuous improvements.
- Results-Oriented: Youre driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that youre trying to solve with your documentation & are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Empathetic: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs & align your approach accordingly.
Heres what you have:
- Bachelors degree in English and/or a Technical Writing certificate.
- 7 or more years of experience writing highly technical documentation, including APIs.
- Expert knowledge of single-source authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) to produce documentation.
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not astrict requirement.
- Experience working on a dev team (either as a developer or in a related role) is an asset.
Why youll love working here:
- Work out of our downtown Toronto office.
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication & collaboration.
- Free snacks, beverages, & catered lunch on Fridays.
- Flexible hours & relaxed dress code.
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings.
- Full healthcare benefits, paid vacation, unlimited sick days, 5% RRSP matching, discounted gym memberships & more.
All applicants are required to submit a portfolio of work samples or links to their work.