At SoundHound, we believe every brand should have a voice. As the leading innovator of conversational technologies, were trusted by top brands around the globe. Our mission is to enable humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally.
About the Role:
You will be learning & using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, & AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound over the past 10 years.
Weve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. These user experiences will be showcased within our Hound app, & made available to other developers via the Houndify platform, enabling them to power billions of devices & applications.
Youll be part of a large, internationally dispersed team & your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
In this role you will:
- Leverage your C++ & bilingual (Italian, German, Spanish, Hebrew and/or French) skills
- Solve important localization challenges to bring voice AI to new languages & regions.
- Gain proficiency in a new programming paradigm for natural language understanding & adapt it to your native language.
- Implement, scale, & maintain non-trivial functionality end-to-end, solving algorithm & design challenges
- You will be working on key portions of the unique technology powering the Hound app & Houndify platform
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in designing efficient & robust algorithms
- You enjoy working on hard open-ended challenges, & improving existing solutions
- Youre comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You have C1/C2 equivalent skills in Italian, German, Spanish, Hebrew and/or French
- Youve earned your BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data conditioning & relevance algorithms
- Experience with speech recognition & related fields
- Experience manipulating & managing large amounts of data
- Experience working with third-party API's
- C1/C2 or equivalent skills in additional languages such as: Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, etc.