Director, Customer Experience Strategy
Landor & Fitch is hiring the next CX Strategist to join the New York studio. Could this be you?
Let us tell you more...
Social change & soaring technology are transforming the world around us, putting incredible pressure on businesses to change & adapt.
In this world, brand has never been more important. A sustainable brand has purpose. It informs decisions, drives differentiation & propels positive cultural change. And when brand is brought to life with outstanding design, it creates more than growth on the balance sheet it builds a sustainable future.
By bringing together Landor's brand consulting & strategic design capability, Fitch's expertise in experience, retail & workplace design - we help our clients promote business transformation
At Landor & Fitch, we're proud to be the world's largest specialist brand & design group. With more than 1,200 curious & creative minds, spanning 20+ countries, we work as one team to make a positive difference for our clients, their communities & the world we live in.
This role is for a world-class CX thinker / doer to work with some of the very best in the industry to focus & guide brand-building projects across the entire customer journey from initial brand identity development throughout the entire brand ecosystem.
Were looking for someone who is profoundly human-centric; a leader who inspires & a team player who knows the work only happens when people work together. This role will be embedded throughout the Landor & Fitch process & report to the Executive Director, Brand Experience Strategy.
If youre someone who is enthusiastic about deeply understanding & explaining customer, brand, product, category & culture we should meet. You will need to show us how & where youve applied your insights & strategic vision & why it drove business success.
You will focus on building deeper strategic client partnerships & growing potential partnerships through creative solutions.
You'll be bringing CX strategy to the table, developing custom ideations for our biggest clients, & connecting insights to brand experiences, product & service innovations, & activation / company culture strategy.
We are looking for a team leader who is capable of empowering cross-functional teams to develop inspiring & scalable innovations & experience strategies for clients. The role will rely heavily on principles of design thinking to drive innovation in omni-channel brands, & other related commercial fields. The ideal background for this candidate will be a proven working history & deep knowledge in customer-journey-based innovation & experience design, with a strong business & operational backbone in how both B2B & B2C brands work, & psychological insight into how humans behave across digital & physical brand ecosystems. This role will involve managing design-thinking driven deliverables & workshops with diverse teams of client stakeholders (including C-suite) & internal & external contributors to co-create strategies that increase customer engagement & improve customer experience & in the end, the clients bottom line.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for leading a team to build, lead & analyze workshop outcomes, develop customer experience storyboards, map operational workstreams, build digital experience concepts, model service design programs & identify business requirements to bring them to scale. The candidate will manage the development of these deliverables in parallel with other disciplines.
- Define the opportunities, insights, & frameworks for the Design Team to act on that result in increased awareness, revenue growth, client identified KPI improvement, & engagement for the brand.
- Beginning to end partnership with the Design Team as we develop & elevate brands throughout all touch-points, including Physical, Human, & Digital experiences.
- Define the strategic vision & contribute to overall brand growth.
- Crafts compelling storylines & informed brand experience strategies grounded in consumer insight & data.
- Works with (and coordinates work with) internal or external partners in customer insights, digital design, service design, prototyping & other key fields as needed
- Develops & facilitates workshop approaches, agendas, exercises to motivate groups of stakeholders to co-create common vision around future-state retail customer experience
- Analyzes & articulates the Customer Experience work in a visual & written form developing clear business vertical or workstream requirements for digital, service, interior, communications, marketing etc.
- Encourages & supports team development & practice growth pushing boundaries into new services lines & value for clients we partner with
- Leads research into best-in-class customer experience programs, customer insights, retail trends & technology.
So, what are we looking for?
- 8+ years experience driving brand experience, retail strategy, design thinking or innovation consulting, go-to-market campaigns in a digital/interactive/mobile/web environment.
- 4+ years experience Track record of building cases for, managing & communicating strategic initiatives to both key stakeholders & diverse internal creative teams.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve using Customer Experience design-thinking methodology - integrating service, operations, digital & experiential design with help from brand, marketing, & other tools
- Knowledge of cross-channel customer journey mapping techniques & storyboarding
- Excellent communication skills among peers, client stakeholder & other disciplines.
- Ability to simultaneously tackle multiple projects & challenges with enthusiasm.
- Passion to rapidly build expertise on new businesses & industry verticals.
- Excellent public speaking & presentation skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design-oriented research & customer insights methodologies
- Demonstrated experience communicating broad strategic initiatives to key stakeholders.
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 12 weeks Paid-Parental Leave
- 401k Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Summer Hours
- Commuter Benefits
About Landor & Fitch
We are a global brand transformation company, here to make a positive difference; to our clients, our people & the world around us. We were created by two industry pioneers who were constantly seeking different approaches & solutions by bringing together the unusual to create the extraordinary.
We are a team of a 1200+ curious minds, with 43 offices across 20 countries, working as one, to create extraordinary brand transformation by design.
Landor & Fitch is part of WPP, a creative brand transformation company.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people & their uniqueness can shine & be celebrated. We're working to set new standards for the industry band we are always striving to create a culture that celebrates equity & belonging.
Landor & Fitch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.