Squarespace is seeking a Workplace Services Site Lead who will manage the office facilities & infrastructure operations within the Squarespace occupied space at our NYC location.
You will act as an expert & technical advisor reporting into the Senior Manager of Workplace Services. You will be responsible for direct vendor supervision of all repair, maintenance, system reporting & improvement related activities within our space to ensure a fully operational, safe & clean environment that lends itself to motivating our exceptionally talented team. In this job, no two days are ever the same. Youll use your knowledge, diligence & creativity to promote an engaging & award-winning office culture.
- Manage key vendor relationships (existing & new) & all contract services including but not limited to: MEP building & office infrastructure, kitchen equipment, lighting controls, janitorial, HVAC, BMS, build project related vendors, building code requirements, elevator & finish maintenance
- Lead the repair & maintenance programs, including conducting regular reviews, KPI checklists & short & long term planning for repairs, maintenance & capital improvements
- Develop presentations, maintain budgets & report on cost controls, as well as issue RFPs for contract services
- Assist with the creation & implementation of standard operating procedures (ex. electrical & cooling tower shutdowns)
- Develop, maintain, & organize all critical spare part inventory, attic stock, plans, files, WPS system applications, closeout documents, etc.
- Develop & lead site process mapping & use & cost reporting to support internal applications & service offerings
- Develop sustainability programs & utility usage analysis
- Lead compliance efforts related to cooling towers, elevators, life safety, etc.
- 7+ years of facilities experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities
- Read & interpret technical documents including drawings, as builts, renderings, submittals, user manuals, etc.
- Working knowledge of electrical wiring & components, steam, water, & mechanical systems including cooling towers, chemical water treatment, BMS systems, domestic water pumps, walk in freezers, Ketra Lighting, elevators, life safety systems etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading negotiations with external vendors
- Adept problem-solving skills & meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision, high level of management execution, with a focus on accommodating agent & employee requests with utmost courtesy & professionalism
- Non-business Hours Coverage - on call for all emergencies (monitor BMS, etc.) & able to occasionally work non-business hours to support projects & events
- Experience with Google Suite,, Jira, BMS, & PlanGrid required
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs, properly use a ladder
- Certifications - OSHA, PMP, P.E. etc., a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.