Index Exchange is one of the worlds premier ad tech companies, providing a transparent exchange for digital publishers & suppliers to sell their ad impressions programmatically & in real-time.
Headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London, Toronto, Paris, Milan, Dusseldorf & over 450 of the brightest minds in ad tech, we define the evolution of online technology today.
Index Exchange is looking for a rock star Instructional Design Manager to join the new global Learning & Development function. This role reports to the Director, Learning & Development & is primarily responsible for leading the technical training pillar within the L&D function to conduct training needs assessments, create a training strategy to address technical skills gaps & partner with subject-matter experts to design proprietary training. This role requires deep instructional design & e-learning knowledge to develop both instructor led & interactive virtual training. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to:
- Assess & identify training needs to create a technical skills learning strategy that is aligned with business objectives
- Build & maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders & subject matter experts across Index Exchange with the goal to identify new training opportunities, update existing content & provide consultative guidance SME led training
- Develop & update IX proprietary technical training e-learning/video content & material, this includes training on processes, products, areas of IX expertise & more
- Leverages knowledge & experience to assess & identify the best training formats to be used i.e. e-learning, live virtual led training, face-to-face training etc.
- Leverages instructional design & multi-media skills to conceptualize, design, develop & deliver training modules & training courses
- Design & develop SCORM-compliant digital learning solutions. Experience using animation & video editing software, as well as multimedia development will be an added advantage
- Ability to create a competency-based curriculum with learning paths
- Measure training effectiveness for comprehension & application i.e. improvements in employees job performance etc.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Coordinator to manage the learning management system as the central hub for the IX learning experience i.e. creating course pages, uploading content, maintaining vendor relationship etc.
- Facilitate instructor-led, face to face & virtual workshops when needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of the AdTech industry & demonstrate working knowledge of training best practices, trends & adult learning principles
Preferred Skills: Instructional design (E-Learning & Classroom), LMS experience (Docebo or similar), Knowledge of UX Design, Project management, Data analysis, Facilitation, Previous AdTech Experience a plus
- Bachelors degree required, Masters Degree preferred in Organizational Development, Learning Design or related field
- 5-7 years of proven work experience as an Instructional Designer, Technical Trainer or similar role
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills to explain technical terms using simple language
- Ability to excel at collaborating with stakeholders, subject matter experts & team members
- Pays attention to detail & has superior organizational skills to manage multiple engagements, prioritize, & meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of web-based learning platforms & learning management systems
- Ability to work independently & with a team
- Technical writing skills
- Exceptional facilitation & presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products & content development tools (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Captivate, Articulate etc.)
- Additional certification in training (e.g. Certified Technical Trainer) is a plus