Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Associate, Process Management to join our Insurance Operations team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
As an Operations Associate you will become an expert in creating operational efficiency & scalability to support Government Programs such as Medicare Advantage (MA), MA-PD & PDP through the Process Management Analytics team.
You will identify, scope & implement solutions for operational challenges with focus on areas such as Enrollment/Eligibility, Claims, & Broker Operations ensuring adherence to strict compliance standards.
You will report to the Associate Director, Insurance Operations. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Lead & cross collaborate on iterative problem definition & scoping to build solutions within Process Management & across Insurance Operations to implement strategy to improve the efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Use data to independently promote decisions to affect business strategy
- Contribute to development & prioritization of operations roadmaps working with other departments to implementation.
- Distill the requirements of new product & market expansions & design workflows to track work, reduce manual work requirements, & maintain compliance standards.
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling
- Understanding of the operations ecosystem, technology & data models including its current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Manage & maintain relationships with relevant team members as a representative of Insurance Operations
- A bachelor's degree or 4 years commensurate experience
- 4+ years of experience supporting or leading Government Programs such as Medicare Advantage, Medicare Advantage - Prescription Drug Plan, Medicare Prescription Drug Plan operations
- 4+ years of work in operations, health insurance, data analysis, engineering or consulting
- 2+ years of experience using data software such as Excel, Macros, SQL or Python
- 3+ Experience developing project plans coordinating with all partners
- Proficiency in designing & improving workflows & standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures.
- Knowledge management, training, or content development in operational settings
- Process Improvement or Lean Six Sigma training
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.