Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Data Scientist, AI to join our Data team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist, AI, you will partner closely with our Product, Engineering, & Operations teams to develop workflows & insights that make it easy for teams across Oscar to leverage AI. You will build & deploy AI applications to explore & productionalize new use cases & to increase Oscar's operational efficiency. You will leverage LLMs & other advanced AI models to automate & augment existing time-consuming or error-prone workflows. Example applications include summarizing calls from members, extracting structured data from contracts & medical charts, & helping users navigate our provider directory. This work will lead to improved member experience, increased efficiency & lower costs for our members.
You will report into a Director of Data Science.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture & our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is $158,400-$207,900 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program & annual performance bonuses.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Oscar will not sponsor applicants for this role.
- Evaluate potential use cases for feasibility of AI solutions
- Work with stakeholders & product managers to refine requirements & success metrics
- Prepare training data for model tuning & testing
- Engineer prompts & optimize to improve model performance
- Test models at scale in collaboration with engineering teams
- Report on overall ROI & produce recommendations for productionization
- Execute productionalization of models, both vendored & in-house
- A master's degree in a technical field & 4+ years of experience deploying machine learning models in production OR a bachelor's degree & 6+ years of experience
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and/or Python to query, manipulate & analyze data
- Experience with prompt engineering
- Experience working with & presenting to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience training a LLM or deep neural network
- Experience in the healthcare, finance and/or insurance industries
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, & experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, & vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life & disability insurance, & paid wellness time & reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.