Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking to add a Senior Data Scientist to our Data & Analytics team. This person will lead our marketing mix effort & work with members of our Marketing Analytics & Acquisition Marketing teams to build our marketing spend & marketing mix strategy & improve our marketing efficiency & effectiveness. We are a data driven company, so there are no shortage of interesting questions to answer!
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
Were looking for someone to be the analytical firepower that drives our data-driven approach to marketing optimization, specifically:
- Lead & build marketing mix model development to help drive increased understanding of marketing spend impact & a full spectrum of factors on revenue
- Create a process in conjunction with the Acquisition team to use the model to drive marketing spend & effectiveness
- Lead the effort to implement marketing mix simulation & optimization tools
- Provide marketing spending & media mix strategic recommendations & drive significant business impact (effectiveness & efficiency) through spend & media mix optimization
- Build comprehensive testing frameworks & roadmap to measure omni-channel marketing programs & champion a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, & iterates, executing in conjunction with the Acquisition team to continually refine marketing mix model & strategy
- Lead the effort to enhance media attribution methodology & process, & enhance methodology & establish process on in-channel & cross-channel incrementality
Our dream candidate is...
- 6+ years of experience in advanced analytics with an emphasis on marketing analytics & marketing mix optimization, preferably at an omni-channel e-commerce brand with a high volume of complex data and/or familiar with the online & offline media landscape, & working with teams to successfully implement spend recommendations to drive business growth
- Expertise in advanced statistics & machine learning methodologies
- Strong technical skills including writing complex SQL queries, Python (preferred) or R, with solid understanding of open source data mining / data visualization software packages (e.g., pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib) a plus.
- Experience of implementing analytical models to business applications
- Strong communication skills & able to influence others to achieve buyin for recommendations
- Highly motivated self-starter. Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!