Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role:
As the Senior Director of Total Rewards, you will lead the design & implementation of innovative & scalable compensation & benefits programs that enable the attraction & retention of top talent. Reporting to the VP of People, you will play an integral role on the team, influencing & driving outcomes that will impact our entire organization. You are an analytical, creative & thoughtful thinker who enjoys working with data & knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth, high-demand cutting edge company.
What Youll Do:
- Design compensation & benefit plans that are aligned with the company's business objectives & talent strategy.
- Conduct, compile & present research, analysis & modeling to support design of competitive & impactful compensation & benefits programs.
- Iterate on & lead deployment of the company compensation review process (salary, short-term incentives & long-term incentives) including input on budgeting, & external market data, in partnership with HRBPs.
- Ensure our internal bands are calibrated on a regular basis, to maintain competitiveness with the external market, while tracking the effectiveness of our programs
- Conduct internal pay equity studies intermittently, & ensure our pay guidelines are adhered to fairly across the board
- Partner closely with Executive leadership & HR/Legal/Finance on our company stock & equity programs & grant guidelines
- Prepare & present materials to the Compensation Committee/Board of Directors.
- Ensure all compensation & benefits programs are effectively managed & compliant with external regulations & plan governance.
- Maintain external relationships with vendors & advisors to review & manage compensation & benefits plan design & administration.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Finance, or business discipline required, master's degree in business or finance fields preferred.
- 10+ years of global compensation & benefits experience, preferably with some time spent in a fast paced high growth start-up or tech based organization.
- Strong knowledge of relevant ERISA, IRS, & DOL regulations.
- Experience in compliance with regulations, for example FLSA, ACA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, & HIPAA.
- Knowledge of legal requirements impacting compensation & benefit administration.
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, & executive compensation program designs & associated tax implications & requirements.
- Track record of providing creative, proactive & contemporary designs & programs responsive to the company's evolving strategies.
- Experience developing a long-term platform for rewards administration in a high-growth company.
- Must have an ability to roll up sleeves, (hands on work style) & be a team player.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, analytical, verbal & written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, & project management skills.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of general business operations & processes that enables this person to interact with internal & external customers, including all levels of management.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.