Who We Are:
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving accountants who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly & producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the accounting team, you'll take ownership & become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You'll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills & tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient & effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, & playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful problem solver who will take ownership of critical accounting tasks. The Staff Accountant will support the accounting department in month-end close process, monthly reconciliation, year-end audit & ad hoc reporting requests.
- Perform day to day accounting duties for the following key areas; cash, payroll & benefits, accounts receivable (retail) including payments & chargeback, intercompany transactions, & other duties as assigned.
- Support the growing international business by owning intercompany balances, foreign currency revaluation, translation, & consolidation processes.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including entering journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, performing month flux analysis, & maintaining supporting schedules.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies & communicate issues in a timely manner
- Assist with quarterly, year-end close, & financial reporting tasks.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including constant interaction with internal business partners & external auditors.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience, public experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP, CPA a plus
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize & multitask.
- A self-starter & team player
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with teams & work cross functionally.
- ERP experience, Netsuit is a plus!
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in NYC. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.