Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Temporary Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have experience within an AP function & deeply understand controls such as three-way match & invoice approvals. You will report to the Senior Manager, Inventory Accounting & work very closely with the other Staff Accountants & Inventory Senior Accountants based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work
What Youll Do
- Work with production & purchasing teams to ensure we are capturing & entering purchase orders for inventory into the ERP system
- Enter invoices from inventory manufacturers & other inventory-related vendors into the ERP system
- Perform three-way match (either manually or through ERP) for all inventory-related purchases to ensure the quantity & price invoiced & received agree to the PO
- Track & enter all invoices related to freight, customs, duties, & third party logistics providers, including obtaining proper approvals & requesting credits for any discrepancies
- Review freight/ shipping accounts & be able to identify where each cost belongs in the financial statements.
- Interact with suppliers to resolve transactional issues & gather critical information regarding invoices, tracking info, etc.
- Maintain updated vendor master data for all inventory-related vendors
- Initiate inventory-related wires to ensure timely & accurate payments
- Coordinate month end close procedures with procurement team & rest of the accounting team to ensure inventory is accurately accrued, recorded, reconciled & coded in the GL
- Maintain clear documentation & audit trail of procurement activities, & work with production & procurement teams to continuously improve processes
- Support financial statement & statutory audits
Who You Are
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of accounting experience with at least 1 year in an accounts payable function
- Experience working at inventory-based companies and/or direct experience with vendors like Flexport, UPS, third-party logistics companies & overseas manufacturers a plus!
- A self-starter who can take ownership of initiatives, with the ability to prioritize & organize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technology skills including advanced excel
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies that verifies vaccination status
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.