Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving growth through search engine marketing
As the Paid Search Manager, you will join a growing Marketing team that is focused on driving revenue growth through top of funnel marketing channels & paid media sources. The team is highly analytical & data driven, with a wide breadth of digital advertising experience, fundamentally growing & upleveling DigitalOceans approach to digital advertising. You will own the SEM channel, making strategic decisions that drive new user growth, leading to ROI-positive revenue growth. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, demonstrating strong attention to detail, & have the ability to work & learn in a fast-paced, complex & ever-changing environment.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Ability to own large paid media budgets driving positive return on investment goals
- Independently manage & create measurable paid search strategies across Google Ads & Bing Ads, including but not limited to: optimizing account structure, keyword research & bidding, ad copy creation, & reporting
- Build & maintain a creative A|B testing process to improve click-thru rates & conversion rates across the channel
- Implement strategic experiments to support business goals, including ideation, design, implementation & readouts.
- Analyze campaign performance data to develop deep channel insights & business recommendations
- Lead new strategy formation on the channel supporting company & team goals
- Collaborate with brand, product marketing, content & website teams to maintain consistent voice & message within creative assets
- Work closely with marketing analytics & operations on pixel implementation, technology integrations & ensuring conversion events & goals fire properly
- Identify & create custom audience groups with 1st party data & website audience lists
- Present strategy, learnings & recommendations to leadership
- Improve tools, processes & standard operating procedures, leveraging automation to improve productivity
- Serves as subject matter expert bringing innovative opportunities to maximize media spend
- Research & utilize SEM industry trends & competitive analysis to inform marketing strategy & expand the channel
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Business related fields
- 4+ years experience in in paid search strategy, campaign management & optimization, & budget management
- Implementation experience for internal advertising tools
- Proven track record of increasing ROI while driving revenue at scale
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics & clearly communicate the results
- Team player with a strong focus on cross-collaboration
- Proactive communication skills & ability to articulate plans & goals
- Understanding of SaaS-based business models, including concepts around monthly recurring revenue & pay-back periods
- Demonstrable critical thinking & analytical skills
- Experience with Display & YouTube advertising a bonus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be located in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!