Jets mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, were passionate about empowering people to live & work brilliant.
About Jets Internal Engine
Were building a new kind of company, & were building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, & retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, & fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether were dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success & we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If youre an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, & innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, wed love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities & duties as assigned and/or necessary.
The Compliance, Safety, & Asset Protection (CSAP) Leads key objectives are (but not limited to):
- Observe & identify safety concerns
- Help associates in need & provide First Aid Care
- Teach & train associates on safe work practices
- Identify & communicate security/shrinkage concerns
- Monitor & advise 3rd Party Security Personnel
- Execute all responsibilities per the Safety, Environmental Compliance, & Security Standard Operating Procedures.
Pilferage or Theft
- Watch for empty containers, packaging, boxes, etc.
- Check in & around trash cans & dumpsters for items, packages, or labels.
- Check fire exit & dock doors for freight or other items sitting outside. If found, immediately notify the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
- Communicate all findings to the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
- Respond immediately to the scene of the incident & investigate.
- Talk with the those involved in the incident/ accident, all witnesses & collect statements.
- Note damage to equipment, merchandise, stationary objects, etc.
- If there is an associate injury, advise the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager. Give first aid assistance if needed.
- Notify Maintenance of damage to racks & equipment. If equipment malfunction is claimed or suspected, tag out the equipment until Maintenance can verify.
- Keep all traffic clear until the area is safe.
- Complete the appropriate report for the incident/ accident type.
- While roving, the CSAP Lead will document all unsafe acts & will refer those acts to management for follow up.
- Ensure PIT Operators are following Safe Rules for Operations are followed per the PIT Training Procedure.
- Verify associates are following all Safe Work Practices (i.e. Safe Lifting, Ladder & Step Stool Safety).
- Observe associates for deliberately damaging or opening freight, & for any suspicious activity such as pilferage, concealing, misplacing items to be recovered later, or passing items from one associate to another.
- Observe the indoor facility perimeter to ensure non-associates are escorted at all times while in the facility.
Hazardously Stacked Freight
While roving, watch for damaged, opened, or improperly stacked freight in racks, modules, & bulk areas. Watch for freight that is leaning, leaking, or in any way presents a hazard for associates in the area.
Ensure security cage doors (if applicable) are secured. If no one is inside, the cage should be locked. Only designated associates are allowed access.
The CSAP Lead will look for stray or damaged cases when on the floor. Verify product is located in the correct location. Any issues should be reported to management immediately.
- Identify any potential rodent/insect food sources (spilled foods, seeds, water, drinks/food left unattended) & report to the proper area for resolution.
- Identify any potential rodent/insect entry points (holes in screens, facility walls, doors left open without proper mesh screening) & report to proper area for resolution.
- Look for any evidence of pest activity inside the facility (wild life, birds, rodent droppings, etc.).
- Ensure any rodent, insect, or pest sightings are recorded in the Service Pest Control Log & reported to the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters & locates information on computer. Moves up & down a ladder.
- Moves up & down stairs.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Squats, kneels, or crawls for extended periods of time.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, & manipulates objects of varying size & weight, requiring fine motor skills & hand-eye coordination. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid drivers license or certification as appropriate. Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise & other objects. Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten & loosen hardware (for example, nuts, bolts). Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection & electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Operate motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use approved equipment to step up & access freight & equipment in elevated areas. Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter & locate information on a computer or system communication device. Use crossovers to access opposite sides of conveyors.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect & maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms. Lift, push, pull, & carry tools, objects or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Moves, lifts, carries, & places merchandise & supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance. Communicates effectively in person & by using telecommunications equipment or electronic voice control equipment.
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Moves through narrow, confined spaces such as stacks of merchandise or supplies, storage areas, & closets.
- Moves over sloping, uneven surfaces such as the parking lot, building perimeter, receiving bays, sections of the facility which have temporary cracks, or areas under repair.
- Moves over slippery surfaces in the work area as well as other areas that may become slippery during inclement weather. May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions. Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, or in ceiling spaces.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Work overnight, weekends, & varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces. Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work in areas with high noise levels that may require hearing protection.
- 6 months experience as a Jet.com ECommerce or Jet.com Asset Protection Associate OR 1-year work experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring & developing associates, managing workload; & participating in the hiring & promotion of associates. OR 2-year degree in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Safety, Compliance, Criminal Justice, Criminology).
- 1-year Microsoft Office experience
- 1-year experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring & developing employees, managing workload; & participating in the hiring & promotion of employees in public safety, emergency management, law enforcement, or the military.
- 2 years' work experience or coursework in a safety, compliance, or security-related field (for example, military, public safety, compliance, criminal justice).
- 1-year Asset Protection experience (for example, fire suppression, regulatory compliance, facility security).
- Active New York Security Guard License
- Active First Aid & CPR Certification