See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff, software Engineer, Flex Application Services (EMEA)
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Administrator/Developer Experience team located in Tallinn. This person will own a significant part of the Flex Console/Admin experience development, bringing solutions to customers requiring real time connectivity to Twilios vast communication offerings. They will work closely with a group of talented engineers towards implementing & delivering the next generation of Twilio Flex.
In this role, youll:
- Drive the design & development of new UI & APIs & significant new features end-to-end.
- Ensure great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- Collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague & London & other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- Work directly with engineering teams & with members of the product organization, architects & external partners to distill product requirements & customer use cases into architecture, technical design, & code.
- Adopt engineering best practices to deliver, secure, maintainable & scalable software.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies & engineering efficiency.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Software Engineering experience, developing & maintaining high traffic, data-driven, world-class web applications.
- Experience with the modern Web stack: notably React, Typescript, & Node.js. If you've worked with other frameworks (like Vue, Ember, Angular, Backbone) that's a plus as well
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.
- Strong cross-team communication & collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- Experience delivering applications in a distributed team environment.
- Strong communication skills & ability to make an impact & thrive in small, collaborative, upbeat teams.
- Knowledgeable of continuous deployment techniques, client-side bundling with WebPack, & deployment infrastructure (e.g. CDNs, edge functions, etc.).
- Any experience with Docker, Node.js or Terraform is a plus
This role will be based in London, UK.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.