Data is a big deal at Index Exchange. Our advertising exchange generates multiple terabytes of auction-related information each day & our Data Engineering team builds tools & infrastructure to help manage this vast amount of data. Working within our larger R&D team, our Data Engineers use a specialized suite of tech & hardware to pipe, parse & maintain our data, including the oversight of a multi-petabyte cluster. Were looking for Engineers to join our team & help build the next generation of big data solutions at Index Exchange.
Working on the bleeding edge of exciting technology, youre afforded the opportunity to experiment with new tools & attempt radically different approaches than traditional software engineering affords. Every day with the Data team is different & each project presents its own set of new & exciting challenges. Things shift very quickly in our industry & we rely on the Data team to keep us ahead of the curve & moving in the right direction.
Heres what we want:
- Problem Solver: You need to be insanely curious & loves taking multiple approaches to solving a problem to find the most efficient, scalable solution
- Collaborative: We need someone who can work well with other people - both your immediate team as well as all the other departments across Index
- Passionate: A passion for Big Data & an interest in the latest trends & developments is key for success on this team. We want you to constantly research, study & create new tools & data technologies to improve cluster productivity without sacrificing existing capabilities
- Logical: Amazing logic, a love of algorithms and/or experience with artificial intelligence
- Self-driven: Youll be on a small team with lots of autonomy & you need to be comfortable pushing your own projects & getting things done without a lot of oversight
Heres what you have:
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering plus certificate or degree in Big Data/Data Science
- 2-4 years of experience in a software engineering environment
- Can drive innovation & experimentation without a lot of hand-holding
- Extensive experience with both SQL & Linux. Familiarity with other MapReduce/NoSQL systems is a plus
- Knowledge of relevant technology including proficiency with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Impala or Spark
Why youll love working here:
- Office space in the vibrant downtown core, located near the new transit hub for GO Transit & GRT buses
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We don't have a dress code & we offer flexible work hours
- A solid work-life balance
- Free snacks & drinks, with catered lunches every day
- Annual celebrations (Summer BBQ, Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- 100% coverage for family health & dental benefits, RRSP matching, & a $5 Goodlife memberships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYAt Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email IX.AllHumanResources@indexexchange.com or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).