About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be a diverse, profitable, high-growth business, with 9 million loyal members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to redefine our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We are looking for an experienced seniors systems or operations engineer who likes to collaborate with software engineers when solving problems at scale. You've supported large-scale production systems in the past & feel strongly about stability, high-availability, & uptime; you take a metrics & SLA based approach to everything. You're passionate about Linux systems & feel confident in your ability to tune everything from the boot loader to the TCP stack.
You're incredibly comfortable in scripting & automation; you love tools like Puppet or Ansible, but are clever enough to pull out the ultimate bash one-liner in a pinch. You might have experience racking & stacking in a data center, & if you do, you know how to translate that knowhow to cloud-based systems & networks. You're confident in your ability to deal with production issues, plan for the future, & help others learn how to do the same.
- Establish, document & implement best practice architectures across dedicated & cloud infrastructure (VMWare/Rackspace & AWS)
- Automating the creation of Infrastructure
- Interacting with & supporting engineering teams
- Troubleshooting & resolution of production issues
- Monitoring & review of logs for anomalous behavior & security concerns
- Document, develop, & improve operational practices & procedures
- General Linux & Network Administration
- Measuring capacity & performance trends to determine long-term Infrastructure needs.
- Participating in a 24/7 on-call support in a rotation
- Continually optimizing & evolving our server configuration, network & security architecture
Required Skills & Experience:
- Min. BS Computer Science or equivalent
- (5+ years) of Linux (CentOS, Debian and/or RedHat) architecture, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting & production operations
- Working knowledge of System Monitoring tools: Nagios, Icinga, NewRelic, Splunk
- Experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, Wireshark, Netmon, etc)
- Architecting & administering services on AWS (VPC, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, ECS)
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP solid understanding of network security concepts
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Experience implementing & maintaining disaster recovery strategies
- Understanding of Content Delivery Network operations (Akamai, CloudFront)
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Strong troubleshooting & problem resolution skills
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Security: WAF, Iptables, IDS/IPS, reverse proxies, SIEM
- Package creation & software repository management
- Experience in regulated environments (e.g. PCI, SOX) & ITIL
- Significant experience with the configuration & management of the following software: Apache 2 (httpd), NGINX, MySQL, BIND, RabbitMQ including performance tuning
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation