Company Description|Job Description
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for the following locations: Palo Alto, CA & Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Research is a growing group within Visa. We are located in the Palo Alto a stones throw away from the some of the best restaurants in the area as well as CalTrain station & Stanford.The team itself is highly collaborative, working together not only on projects & research but also known to go hiking & have lunch together.
Visa Research is a newly created research organization as part of the company's effort on expanding its technology research capabilities globally. We conductboth applied & fundamental research while engagingwith the company's technology & product teams, business partners, academics, & governments, to explore & develop technologies that are critical to the payments industry in the future.
Currently, we focuson building research teams in three key areas: Data Analytics, Security, & Future of Payment(Blockchain). We are looking for outstanding researchers & engineers at all levels of experience as part of the growing team!
Our mission at the Data Analytics team is to unlock the hidden value in these massive high-quality financial data, & decode the language of transactions to drive innovation in the payment industry & beyond. We conduct applied research in machine learning & related fields to deliver unique insights & capabilities to our partners & clients to help them grow their businesses. Our research areas include deep learning applications in financial data, supervised & unsupervised representation learning, predictive modeling for fraud & risk management, consumer behavior modeling, recommendation systems, scalable machine learning systems, privacy preserving data analytics, & related fields.
Visa Research's goal of security is to enable policy-enforced, full lifecycle protection for data at rest, in transit & during computation for all payment-related scenarios. We accomplish this through fundamental & applied research in three areas:
- Advances in Cryptography
- Secure Computing
- Secure Data Acquisition & Analysis
- Systems Security
Our Blockchain research focuses on understanding the fundamentals of cryptocurrencies & Blockchain technology. We explore ways to advance the science of Blockchain technology & enable the discovery of real-world payment.We collaborate with top universities & the world's leading Blockchain researchers to develop technologies that promise to transform the financial industry in the decade ahead.
For additional information on the work Visa is doing & our team please visit our website at:https://usa.visa.com/about-visa/visa-research.html
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Currently Pursuing a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or related field, graduating December 2020 or later
There are many skills & research areas we are eager to explore, but we do require that our interns have at least one semester/quarter left of school following their internship.
- Strong track record in research & impact in the research community in highly reputed journals & conferences through multiple publications, patents and/or presentations at conferences!
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & an eagerness to collaborate with members of your team as well as other Visa teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box & innovate.
- Experience in payments or related industry is strongly valued & something you should highlight on your resume!
- Data Analytics:Proficiency with object oriented programming languages, such as C++, Java, Python, & Lua. Experience with large scale data processing using Hadoop & MapReduce.
- Security:Experience in one or more of the following areas: mobile & distributed systems/cloud computing security, protocols & network security, cryptography & cryptanalysis, payments & cryptocurrencies, data & application security, malware & program analysis, user & data privacy, assurance & formal methods, & related fields.
- Blockchain: Research experience in Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, Distributed Database, In-memory Database, data security algorithms. Proficiency with object oriented programming languages, such as Go, Haskell, Scala, Java & Python.
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.