Were looking for a resourceful Community Strategist to manage, moderate & grow BuzzFeeds user base of community users & content creators.
- Apply BuzzFeed's Communitystandards, guidelines,ethics, & philosophy when advising users
- Build relationshipsand handle user feedback
- Monitor & use traffic data to encourage & give feedback to users.
- Promote posts tied to traffic & ability to edit & create new frames.
- Makingdecisions on what to delete/ban.
- Workwith Community Editors to identify & escalate more controversial posts.
- Send swag & prizes to users, building top user base & working on strategies for retaining top users.
- Answer user feedback emails.
- Workwith tech & product teams on tools & rewards/incentives for community users.
- Manage & moderate online Community forums (i.e. Facebook groups).
- Strategizing & work on ways to keep users engaged & growing the user base.
- Love for working with users & fostering creativity in communities.
- A willingness to work across departments with other BuzzFeed organizations, especially the tech & product teams
- Previous experience building & managing online communities preferred
- Experience advising users on editorial suggestions
- Experience connecting & building lasting relationships with users to keep them involved with Community
- Interest in & knowledge of social media & digital publishing
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years experiencein community management
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed,we believeour work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on ateam that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growthviawork experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO andunlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans,gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation,teamwork, inclusion,humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youllwork alongsideinspiring colleagues to createtools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.