As a Senior Technical Writer at Tanium, you will work closely with engineers & Technical Account Managers (TAMs) in an Agile environment to develop documentation & support information to accompany our platform & products. Writers are responsible for developing consumable, accurate, & timely documentation from which Taniums prospects & customers derive real value. Writers should possess the technical aptitude needed to understand our customers environments & the value that Tanium products provide.
What youll do:
- Plan & write security software installation, user, & admin guides
- Collaborate with Technical Account Management & product engineering teams to brainstorm, write, & review technical support articles, including troubleshooting tips, FAQs, integrations, release notes, & cross-product tutorials
- Independently author technical support articles & edit content written by multiple contributors
- Collaborate with user experience team on design of product & UI text
- Participate in development of & recommendations for documentation style standards, information architecture, tools, & best practices
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Communications, or English
- 8+ years experience in software documentation
- Writing for a system administrator audience
- Experience documenting for both Windows & Linux environments
- Understanding of information architecture principles & content organization
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, topic based/structured authoring, & single-sourcing
- 2+ years experience in helpdesk/technical support a plus
- Knowledge of DITA a plus
- Experience with Madcap Flare a plus
- Experience with IT security software/products a plus
- Self-starter with ability to learn software applications with little direction
- Technically astute & able to understand large enterprise IT concepts
- Interest in solving complex IT problems
- Familiarity with general networking & database concepts
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains with deep knowledge in one or more of the following: endpoint security, systems management, system administration, software engineering, or incident response
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.