Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Senior Auditor to join our recently established Internal Audit team. You will assist RTRs Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in their risk oversight responsibilities & will specifically support the company in its SOX compliance program. You will report to the Director, Internal Audit who reports to the VP, Internal Audit. The role is based at our Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY where you will be onsite at least two days a week.
What Youll Do:
- Play a key role in the companys Internal Audit team & support compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Evaluate RTRs internal control environment, focusing on critical business processes & technologies & making recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze & document business process flows & related control documentation & understand the technology supporting business processes.
- Identify & assess risks & evaluate key control activities within business processes in collaboration with key business stakeholders.
- Perform fieldwork to test internal controls as part of the SOX process & document your work.
- Identify & develop recommendations to enhance control effectiveness.
- track & follow-up on the remediation of open control deficiencies.
- Execute internal audits:
- Assist in the planning of audit projects & in developing audit programs to meet audit objectives.
- Perform audit program steps & document your work.
- Assist in the communication of findings & recommendations verbally & through written reports.
- Assist with other special projects & various administration tasks as they may arise
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting.
- You have or are currently working towards a certification relevant to auditing: CPA or CIA.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in public accounting, or a minimum of 2 years experience in public accounting & a minimum of one year of experience in internal audit. While in public accounting, you must have worked for public company clients, where part of your time was specifically spent on SOX compliance over business process & entity-level controls.
- You have a detailed understanding of SOX testing methodologies & experience designing, monitoring, & evaluating internal controls & SOX compliance programs for public companies.
- Experience working with technology driven, growth, start up companies is a plus.
- You have experience reviewing & documenting finance, operational, & IT processes.
- You are a strong communicator, both written & verbal, with the ability to work with both subject matter experts & senior level management.
- You are a highly-organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment.
- You are able to execute & follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail.
- You have an investigative & curious nature & enjoy problem-solving.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.